Starting rate: $26 – 35 per hour; new graduates welcome.
Full-time position: 8-hour shifts, five days a week (Monday to Friday), 40 hours per week. Work hours are from 0800 to 1630.
Join our growing Intensive Outpatient Program at L.A. Downtown Medical Center. We are seeking highly motivated and qualified individual for a Full-Time Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) position. Under the supervision of the Program Registered Nurse, the LPT/LVN is responsible for the assessment, plan and overseeing the medical and/or psychiatric management. This position also provides input into the development of the patient’s treatment Plan. The LPT/LVN oversees the medical care and psychiatric needs of clients and will be responsible for performance improvement activities. The LPT/LVN will participate in activities during and in preparation for all accreditation, licensing, or other surveys. Must have current state licensure and have in-depth knowledge of the residential concept of treatment. Upon hire a 90-day probation period will be initiated.
Other duties include:
- The LPT / LVN performs general nursing procedures, behavior management, direct care and training as dictated by the individuals’ health and behavioral care needs.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team and contributes to the development of the Individual Treatment Plan.
- The LPT / LVN will assist the Mental Health Worker (MHW) in supervising patients during activities, group therapy, psychotherapy, and while being assessed by physicians.
- Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and schedules established by their supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program policies “Mandated Reporter”.
- Responsible to administer treatment for and oversee client’s medical and mental health needs.
- Ensures clear and accurate documentation of significant medical and psychiatric events.
- May facilitate lectures on health and mental health related topics
- Meet deadlines established by supervisor(s)
- Maintain good customer service with clients and other staff
- Other duties as assigned.
Must possess current licensing as a California LPT or LVN.
BLS/CPR, ARC/AB508/SB1299 with annual updates, and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training certification. Must be computer-literate; possess speed, consistency and accuracy in tasks; meets precise tolerances and standards. Ability to demonstrate flexibility in work environment, performing a variety of changing tasks. Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to work closely with others on a team. Be able to sustain concentration and prolonged commitment to tasks. Display a high level of cognitive, interpretive or judgment skills. Ability to influence others, plan, negotiate, direct, control or monitor others’ activities. Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to express creativity through writing.
Must have a current California LVN or LPT license.
The position requires pushing, pulling, and lifting materials not exceeding 50 pounds. Any workload exceeding 50 pounds will require assistance. Requires grasping, writing, standing, reaching, sitting, lifting, squatting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with employees, physicians, visitors and patients. Must have the ability to hear warning horns or sirens. Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and far visions. Requires manual and finger dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. This position requires one to work varying schedules and in varying units to meet the shifting needs of the hospital. Temperature is moderate and controlled by the hospital’s environmental systems. There may be exposure to communicable diseases. There may be exposure to some potentially toxic substances, such as medication and cleaning agents. Frequent contact with employees, physicians, visitors and patients.
To apply for this job please visit ladmcapplication.com.